While at first glance it may not seem apparent how to mount the Ham It Up converter in the enclosure, but it is actually quite simple. Here’s what you do 🙂
- Pre mount the standoffs on to the converter board by placing the longer standoffs through the bottom of the mounting holes provided on the board. The threaded part of the standoff should be facing up on the component side of the circuit board.
- There should be two brass nuts included in the hardware pack. Screw these on to the threads on top of the standoffs that should be poking through the component side of the circuit board. Tighten the nuts.
- There should be two shorter screws in the hardware pack. Slide the converter inside the case and align the standoffs with the pre-drilled holes in the bottom of the case. Use the two short screws to attach the standoffs to the bottom of the case.
- Slide the two end pieces over the appropriate connectors on the front and back panel of the case. Attach these with the included screws.
- Your Done!
The cases were installed with both the original Ham It Up converter and the newer 1.2 version of the board.
- While the enclosure is primarily designed for the 1.2 Ham It Up HF converter board, it will work with the original board. The enclosure was designed to accommodate the larger USB port on the 1.2 board. Since the original Ham It Up circuit board uses a micro USB port, there will a good bit of empty space around the USB port cutout. You can still attach the micro USB power cable easily unless you happen to have a cable that has an unusually thick shell surrounding the micro USB port.
NooElec’s current inventory of Ham It Up converter enclosures have a manufacturer’s error where the labeling regarding the Bypass switch setting is reversed. NooElec informs us they should have the corrected versions soon. This information is also reflected on NooElec’s Amazon ad. However, if you want to go ahead and get one, NooElec is selling the enclosures for $5 less than the retail price. This is reflected in the current Amazon price.